Every Comprehensive Eye Health Evaluations includes:
Additional Optional Testing and Medical Services:
- Retinal Computer Imaging - Instrumental in early detection of retinal disease and monitoring for glaucoma changes.
- Macular Pigment Assessment - Key in determining one's risk level for macular degeneration changes (a irreversible deterioration of central vision). Strongly suggested for those that have a history of smoking, light sensitivity, and/or have a family history of the disease.
- Contact Lens Evaluation and Fitting - Careful assessment, fitting, and management of many styles of soft and gas perm contact lenses including toric (astigmatism), colored and bifocal styles. Also offering various wearing schedules from single use daily lenses to monthly extended wear contact lenses.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Ocular Disease and Injury- Eye infections and minor injuries to the eye can cause serious damage to your eyesight. Our doctor is board certified to diagnose and treat many eye diseases and can provide appropriate referral to a specialist if necessary.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Pink Eye - "Pink Eye" is a very common and highly contagious eye infection that is often assoicated with school age children, though pink eye can effect individuals of all ages. The source of pink eye may be due to a bacterial infection but it is often due to a viral infection. An eye health evaluation can determine the source of the infection and the proper corse of treatment.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Amblyopia - Amblyopia is the decreased ability for the brain to interpret vision out of an eye. This arises from a deprevation of clear vision due to a large imbalance of a needed prescription or lack of use possibly due to an injury or eye turn. Once the source of the amblyopia is determined, an appropriate treatment plan can be developed.
- Dry Eye Treatments - Advance treatments like the over-the-counter eye drops of Systane and Optive, prescription drops of Restasis, and the eye vitamins of Thera Tears and Restore have shown dramatic improvement in the management of symptoms of dry eye patients.
- Allergy Treatments - There are several new, over-the-counter (Alaway) and prescription medications (Pataday, Bepreve, Lastacraft) that have brought much relief to those who suffer from chronic or seasonal allergies. These eye drops have been beneficial for decreased itching and redness.
- Assessment and Management of Patients considering LASIK Refractive Surgery - Co-Management of patients through the pre and post refractive surgery follow-ups. Our office is affiliated with the TLC Laser Eye Surgery Center of Indianapolis.
- Assessment and Management of Patients considering Cataract Surgery - Co-Management of patients through the pre and post operative follow-up visits. Careful determination of one's health and refractive status after surgery to give the most appropriate glasses prescription.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Blepharitis - Blepharitis can cause eyelids to look red, irritated and swollen. Sometimes a simple change in hygiene can manage this disease, other times a medications are necessary. An evaluation will provide the data for a proper treatment plan.
- LATISSE Eyelash Enhancement - The only FDA approved drug to encourage eyelash growth, LATISSE has been proven as a safe and effective treatment hypotrichosis, another name for inadequate or not enough eyelashes. LATISSE solution is a prescription that is used to grow eyelashes, making them longer, thicker, and darker.
EyeGlass Guide will help you better understand the many lens choices available to you. This on-line tool will guide you through a series of questions about you, your lifestyle and your specific eyewear needs. At the end, you'll receive eyewear suggestions specifically tailored to meet your needs. EyeGlass Guide is brought to you by Transitions.
View an instant demonstration of Transitions photochromic technology. See how lenses darken and fade back to clear to provide continual visual comfort and protection. Demonstrations brought to you by Transitions.